A Crucible Moment: College Learning & Democracy’s Future
National Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Action Network
Thanks to the firm commitment and enthusiasm of over 60 national organizations, local organizations, higher education institutions, scholars, practitioners, and philanthropists, The Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Action Network has gathered statements of commitment (pdf) to advance civic learning and democratic engagement as an essential cornerstone for every student. This dynamic and influential network of organizations and higher education institutions will help to fulfill a bold national agenda that will move civic learning from the periphery to the center of student learning.
A full list of network commitments can be found here (pdf).
CLDE Action Network Steering Committee
The CLDE Action Network aims to convene and expand upon existing leadership among all member organizations and institutions. In order to support the goals of the network, thirteen national civic learning and higher education organizations were selected to act as a Steering Committee to the CLDE Action Network. These organizations have committed to support the goals and proliferation of the CLDE Action Network through their broad national networks of outreach, as well as additional resources at their disposal. The Steering Committee aims to keep this national agenda visible through events and publications, and to find areas of inter-organizational collaboration to support civic learning and democratic engagement in higher education.
Steering Committee Organizations:
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities, www.aascu.org
- Anchor Institutions Task Force (AITF), www.margainc.com/initiatives/aitf
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), www.aacu.org
- The Bonner Foundation, www.bonner.org
- Bringing Theory to Practice (BTtoP), www.aacu.org/bringing_theory
- Campus Compact, www.campuscompact.org
- Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE), www.civicyouth.org
- The Democracy Commitment, www.thedemocracycommitment.org
- Imagining America, www.imaginingamerica.org
- The Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC), www.ifyc.org
- Kettering Foundation, www.kettering.org
- NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education, www.naspa.org
- New England Resource Center for Higher Education (NERCHE), www.nerche.org
For more information, or to join the CLDE Action Network, please contact Ms. Kelly Granito at firstname.lastname@example.org.