Letter to your Supervisor - 2017 General Education and Assessment Conference
The following text can be used to help “make the case” to your dean or supervisor to support your participation in and/or cover all or part of the expenses associated with attending AAC&U’s conference, “Global Learning and the College Curriculum.”. To assist you in requesting reimbursement for your company, we've created a template letter to your supervisor.
Step 1: Itemize your expected expenses
Before you communicate with your supervisor to request to attend the conference, we suggest you calculate the expenses you expect to incur:
- Registration fee: Registration information is available online. Early bird registration rates are available through September 7, 2016. Register early for the widest selection of workshop choices. Note that the registration fee includes breakfast on Friday and Saturday morning and a light reception on Thursday evening.
- Transportation: Information about discounts with Delta Airlines and United Airlines is available online, as well as ground transportation from airport to the hotel.
- Accommodations: The meeting will be held at the Sheraton Grand Phoenix Hotel. The AAC&U has arranged a room block at the rate Conference Rate: $199 Single/Double. The group rate does not include any applicable taxes or fees. Rooms at the AAC&U rate will be available through January 23, 2017or until the block is sold out, whichever comes first.
Step 2: Communicate the benefits to you, your team and your institution of your attendance at the conference to more effectively justify your institution’s support. Clearly articulate the connection between your roles, responsibilities, and campus goals and the conference program.
- Use this template letter to your supervisor and review the concurrent sessions that you might be interested.
- Build your network: Describe to your supervisor how face-to-face networking with other academic leaders will provide opportunities for you to explore shared interests and gain new ideas, resources, models, and tools to advance your work and to share with colleagues on your campus.