Project Kaleidoscope (PKAL) is AAC&U’s STEM higher education reform center dedicated to empowering STEM faculty, including those from... Read more
PKAL Regional Network: Upstate New York
The UNY Regional PKAL Network is a collection of faculty and administrators from institutions of higher education who seek to improve STEM undergraduate education for all learners.
The UNY Regional PKAL Network will be a community of educators and administrators who practice, share and support learning-centered teaching in environments that foster collaboration and engaged learners.
- Reform is based on evidence based teaching practices
- Assessment is vital in planning for change
- Students learn best in active collaborative learning environments
- Change requires planning and collaboration
- Change does not have to be big
- Change is enabled from guidance and support
Biannual workshops to
- provide professional development on best practices
- that allow a forum for exchange of ideas
- explore ways to become “change agents”
- engage members in leadership building exercises
- provide a platform for institutional teams to develop action plans
- provide an environment for interdisciplinary and/or disciplinary and/or cross institutional intellectual collisions that could result in new collaborations in STEM education
Leadership for the Upstate New York Regional Network is provided by a steering committee. The current steering committee can be viewed here.