Other Pages in this Section
Institute Goals: 2017 Institute on General Education and Assessment
To advance general education reform on campuses, teams will work to
- align campus goals for general education with institutional goals for learning and student development;
- develop intentional general education programs and instruction that are attentive to community-based and cocurricular experiences for the purpose of improving learning from cornerstone to capstone;
- identify strategies and practices for successful implementation of curricular/cocurricular change that reflect intercultural awareness within and beyond campus and attend to shifting student demographics, transfer challenges, and inclusive standards for student success;
- implement meaningful assessment strategies that target learning outcomes (including those critical personal and social responsibility outcomes often demonstrated through high-impact practices), produce useful data that can be widely communicated, and lead to improvement in teaching and learning practices;
- create a plan for action that enables team members to take thoughtful, strategic steps toward accomplishing their goals for general education reform and assessment of student learning upon return from the Institute.