AAC&U announces a new integration of departments within the Association to provide strategic direction for service to our members, engagement with the larger higher education community, and enhanced infrastructure.
The newly configured Office of Outreach and Member Engagement will provide this integration of the Communications, Membership, and Development Departments, as well as Information Systems and Database Services. The Association’s Annual Meeting will also be connected within the Office of Outreach and Member Engagement. Through the alignment of these departments, we hope to facilitate:
- Enhanced communications with members and other key constituencies, as well as new opportunities for public engagement with AAC&U;
- Expanded member engagement and new funding opportunities, both for the Association and for our members;
- Opportunities for new connections among our grant-funded initiatives, educational programs, Annual Meeting, conferences, and institutes;
- More flexible responses on the part of the Association to the changing higher education landscape;
- Increased efficacy and efficiency in our service to our members and to the larger higher education community.
Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to the President, Bethany Zecher Sutton, will provide leadership for the Office of Outreach and Member Engagement.
“As AAC&U engages in strategic planning to advance our mission of making liberal education and inclusive excellence the foundation for institutional purpose and educational practice, I am confident that the alignment of the divisions within Outreach and Member Engagement will enhance service to our members and the broader higher education community,” said AAC&U President Lynn Pasquerella. “I am extremely pleased and gratified that Bethany Zecher Sutton will be leading the office. Her vision and experience lend invaluable creative energy to this new enterprise.”
Bethany Sutton joined the AAC&U staff in 2001 and, as Chief of Staff, she manages the agenda of the Association’s president and helps guide the full range of AAC&U’s work to advance quality and inclusive excellence in undergraduate education. In her new role, she will lead the strategic integration of departments to enhance member engagement and AAC&U’s broader service to the higher education community.