Membership benefits are universal when your institution joins AAC&U—anyone at your institution can register for meetings or purchase publications using the member discount. However, there is an additional member benefit intended to engage individuals more closely with the goals of liberal education and today’s issues in higher education: the Associates Program.
AAC&U’s Associates Program is designed to connect colleagues and peers at AAC&U member institutions across the country and around the world. Through additional resources and opportunities, AAC&U Associates are positioned to ensure that liberal education remains at the center of campus planning and programs.
Who We Are
AAC&U Associates are individuals committed to improving learning outcomes for undergraduates. They seek to bridge divisions on campus and to extend the advantages of a liberal education to all students.
AAC&U encourages Associates to act as liaisons between AAC&U and their institutions, by sharing AAC&U’s resources with their colleagues and sharing their institution’s best practices with AAC&U.
Individual involvement in AAC&U provides opportunities for professional development and career advancement. AAC&U encourages Associates to become opinion leaders by writing for our periodicals, leading workshop and meeting sessions, and serving on our Network for Academic Renewal Regional Planning committees.
- Subscriptions to AAC&U periodicals
- Additional discounts for publications
- Calls for proposals for meeting sessions. More information on upcoming AAC&U Meetings
- Invitations to apply for grant-funded projects and other initiatives
- Announcements and application information for the AAC&U Summer Institutes
- Valuable exposure for their institution’s signature educational programs through AAC&U’s print and online publications and on AAC&U’s Web site
- Associates join with AAC&U Representatives to expand campus teams and serve as liaisons to AAC&U